CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper-Chemistry
- Please check that this question paper contains 15 printed pages.
- Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
- Please check that this question paper contains 27 questions.
- Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
- 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Section A : Questions number 1 to 5 are very short answer questions and carry 1 mark each.
(iii) Section B : Questions number 6 to 12 are short answer questions and carry 2 marks each.
(iv) Section C : Questions number 13 to 24 are also short answer questions and carry 3 marks each.
(v) Section D : Questions number 25 to 27 are long answer questions and carry 5 marks each.
(vi) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in two questions of one mark, two questions of two marks, four questions of three marks and all the three questions of five marks weightage. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
(vii) Use of log tables, if necessary. Use of calculators is not allowed.
1. What is tincture of iodine ? What is its use ?
2. Predict the number of unpaired electrons in the square planar [Pt(CN)4 ] 2– ion.
Amongst [Fe(C2O4 )3 ] 3– and [Fe(NH3)6 ] 3+ which is more stable and why ?
3. Draw the structure of semicarbazone of cyclopentanone.
Draw the structure of product formed when propanal is treated with zinc amalgam and concentrated hydrochloric acid.
4. Name a carbohydrate present in liver, muscles and brain.
5. Draw structure for the polymer used for manufacture of non-stick utensils.