CBSE Class-12 Compartment Exam 2019 : Question Paper- Painting
General Instructions :
- (i) All the eight questions are compulsory, which carry equal marks.
- (ii) Answers to be written for question nos. 1 and 2 in about 200 words each and for question nos. 3, 4 and 5 in about 100 words each. Question nos. 6,7 and 8 are objective type.
1. Appreciate any one of the miniature-paintings of the Rajasthani or Pahari School included in your course of study, duly based on its
(a) Title and name of the painter,
(b) Medium and technique,
(c) Subject-matter and
2. Write an essay on the origin and development of the Mughal or Deccan School of Miniature-Painting.
3. Why do you like or dislike the miniature-paintings of the Rajasthani or Pahari School included in your course of study ? Justify your answer in short with suitable examples.
4. Evaluate the symbolic significance of the forms and colours used in the Indian National Flag.
5.Identify any one relevant contemporary (modern) Indian art-work included in your course of study comprising of the following features and explain them in that art-work accordingly :
(a) In the paintings of Jamini Roy, the single frontal plane, glowing colours, flowing curves and bold strips of different colours are indicative of the influence of folk art.
(b) The bitter truth of the real painful life of the simple folks around him is revealed in the sculptures by Ramkinkar Vaij.
(c) The graphic-prints of K. Laxma Goud express human emotions and deep attachment with nature.