(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking
Scheme (Graphic Design)
TIME: 3 HOURS
MAX. MARKS: 70
1. The question paper is divided into two section A and B.
2. Section A is theory part based on the textbook and is of 40 marks.
3. Section B is Application Based. This is of 20 marks
4. Student will have to attempt 20 questions in all. Some questions have
Note: Student need to carry pencil colours & Sketch
pens for application based answers.
Q.N. Answer the following questions in three to five
sentences each. (1x5=5)
1 What is Teleology?
2. What is Thumbnail?
3. What do you understand with the term Aesthetic?
4. Define Design Brief?
5.What are the two major categories of Digital Images?
What are Scanners?
Answer the following questions in 80-100 words each.
6. Describe Design process?
7. Drawing plays an important part in graphic design.
Describe its importance.
8. What do you understand by warm and cool colour?
9. What is Digital Image editing?
Newspaper is playing an important role in our lives and has
many advantages. Describe few of them.
Answer the following questions in 100-120 words each.
10. Layout enhances the usual appearance of design. Describe
the different type of layout.
11. What is corporate social responsibility?
12. Radio is an important electronic media. Evaluate its
advantages and disadvantages.
Television and outdoor mediums are so popular among masses.
Differentiate between them.
Answer the following questions in 150-200 words each. (8x1=8)
13 Graphic Design can be a game changer in the contemporary
scenario. Justify this statement.
Creativity is the backbone of any Graphic Design. Describe
creativity and its processes in graphic design.
Answer the following questions. (3x4=12)
14. Take 3 circles, make a design within a box of 2”x2” and
Make a slogan on ‘Save Girl Child’ and write it in San Serif
15. By using primary colours, make a pattern design within a
circle of diameter
16. Take first two letters of your name and compose a design
within a rectangle of & colour with 2 colours only.
17. Design a logo for ‘Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan’ with black
colour within a size of
Answer the following questions. (5x2=10)
18. Make a poster on ‘Anti- Corruption’ with suitable
graphic’s within a size of 5”x7” & Justify the concept.
19. What is the role of website in todays lives? Design a
suitable webpage layout for ‘Mobile Phone Company’.
What is the role of magazine in our lives? Design a cover
page for ‘India Today’ with colours.