CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Marking Scheme
Question Paper, Physics
Strictly Confidential (For Internal and Restricted Use
Senior School Certificate Examination
Marking Scheme - Physics (Code 55/1, Code 55/2, Code 55/3)
General Instructions :
1. The marking scheme provides general guidelines to reduce subjectivity in
the marking. The answers given in the marking scheme are suggested answers. The
content is thus indicated. If a student has given any other answer, which is
different from the one given in the marking scheme, but conveys the meaning
correctly, such answers should be given full weightage.
2. In value based questions, any other individual response with suitable
justification should also be accepted even if there is no reference to the text.
3. Evaluation is to be done as per instructions provided in the marking
scheme. It should not be done according to one's own interpretation or any other
consideration. Marking scheme should be adhered to and religiously followed.
4. If a question has parts, please award in the right hand side for each
part. Marks awarded for different part of the question should then be totaled up
and written in the left hand margin and circled.
5. If a question does not have any parts, marks are to be awarded in the left
hand margin only.
6. If a candidate has attempted an extra question, marks obtained in the
question attempted first should be retained and the other answer should be
7. No marks are to be deducted for the cumulative effect of an error. The
student should be penalized only once.
8. Deduct ½ mark for writing wrong units, missing units, in the final answer
to numerical problems.
9. Formula can be taken as implied from the calculations even if not
10. In short answer type question, asking for two features / characteristics
/ properties if a candidate writes three features, characteristics / properties
or more, only the correct two should be evaluated.
11. Full marks should be awarded to a candidate if his / her answer in a
numerical problem is close to the value given in the scheme.
12. In compliance to the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India,
Board has decided to provide photocopy of the answer book(s) to the candidates
who will apply for it along with the requisite fee. Therefore, it is all the
more important that the evaluation is done strictly as per the value points
given in the marking scheme so that the Board could be in a position to defend
the evaluation at any forum.
13. The Examiner shall also have to certify in the answer book that they have
evaluated the answer book strictly in accordance with the value points given in
the marking scheme and correct set of question paper.
14. Every Examiner shall also ensure that all the answers are evaluated,
marks carried over to the title paper, correctly totaled and written in figures
15. In the past it has been observed that the following are the common types
of errors committed by the Examiners
- Leaving answer or part thereof unassessed in an answer script.
- Giving more marks for an answer than assigned to it or deviation from
the marking scheme.
- Wrong transference of marks from the inside pages of the answer book to
the title page.
- Wrong question wise totaling on the title page.
- Wrong totaling of marks of the two columns on the title page.
- Wrong grand total.
- Marks in words and figures not tallying.
- Wrong transference to marks from the answer book to award list.
- Answer marked as correct ( ) but marks not awarded.
- Half or part of answer marked correct ( ) and the rest as wrong () but
no marks awarded.
16. Any unassessed portion, non carrying over of marks to the title page or
totaling error detected by the candidate shall damage the prestige of all the
personnel engaged in the evaluation work as also of the Board. Hence in order to
uphold the prestige of all concerned, it is again reiterated that the
instructions be followed meticulously and judiciously.
17. The Marking Scheme carries only suggested value points for the answers.
These are only Guidelines and do not constitute the complete answer. The
students can have their own expression and if the expression is correct, the
marks will be awarded accordingly.
18. As per orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, the candidates would be now
permitted to obtain photocopy of the Answer Book on request on payment of the
prescribed fee. All examiners/ Head Examiners are once gain reminded that they
must ensure that evaluation is carried out strictly as per value points for each
answer as given in the Marking Scheme.
19. All the Head Examiners/Examiners are instructed that while Evaluating the
answer scripts, if the answer is found to be totally incorrect, the (x) should
be marked on the incorrect answer and awarded ‘0’ marks.
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Physics (Set-1)
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Physics (Set-2)
CBSE Class-12 Exam 2018 : Physics (Set-3)