CBSE Class-10 Exam 2016 : Foreign Scheme
Question Paper, Social Science
CBSE Class-10 Exam 2016 : Social Science
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 90
1. What was the meaning of liberalism in early nineteenth century in Europe ?
Name the writer who wrote a play based on the lives of the Trung sisters.
2. How is iron-ore transported from Kudremukh mines to a port near Mangaluru ?
3. Differentiate between ‘Sectional interest groups’ and ‘Public interest groups’.
4. Why is one party political system not considered a good democratic system ?
5. State the main aim of Backward and Minority Communities Employees Federation.
6. Due to which reason the latest models of different items are available within our reach ?
7. If you are not interested to buy a brush with tooth-paste but shopkeeper denied to sell tooth-paste only. In this case which consumer right is being violated by the seller ?
8. Which logo will you like to see on the electric heater to be sure of its quality ?
9. “Culture had played an important role in the development of nationalism in Europe during eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.” Support the statement with examples.
“French tried to solve educational problems in Vietnam in different ways.” Support the statement with examples.
10. Why did the different social groups join the Civil Disobedience Movement ? Explain.
11. Simon Commission was greeted with slogan ‘Go back Simon’ at arrival in India. Support this reaction of Indians with arguments.
12. Classify industries on the basis of their main role. How are they different from each other ?
13.“There is a pressing need to use renewable energy resources.” Justify the statement with suitable arguments.
14.“India is an important iron and steel producing country in the world. Yet we are not able to perform to our full potential.” Suggest and explain any three measures to get full potential.
15. What is a political party ? State any two points of the ideology of Bhartiya Janta Party.
16. Who led the protest against water privatization in Bolivia ? Describe the ways of protest adopted by that organization