(Notification) All India Sainik School Entrance Exam (AISSEE) Admission-2017
Important Date :
The programme for the entrance examination is given below:-
(i) Sale of Prospectus/Admission form - 16th October 2017 to 30th November 2017
(i) Last date for receipt of application - 05th December, 2017 and exam fee (Saturday)
(iii) Date of Entrance Exam - 07th Jan 2018 (First Sunday of January) (Except Sainik School Nagrota, for which the exam will be conducted in April 2018)
(iv) Publication of Merit List of written - 8 th February 2018 exam (School wise) (Thursday)
(v) Interview and Medical Exam - 19th February 2018 to 10th March 2018
(vi) Publication of Final Merit List including - 19th March 2018 Waiting list. (Monday) (c) The Entrance Examination will be held for admission to class VI & IX. Boys who are between the age of 10 to 11 years (born between 02 Jul 2007 to 01 Jul 2008) and 13 to 14 year (born between 02 Jul 2004 to 01 Jul 2005) for Class IX are eligible to take the Entrance Examination. For admission to class IX, the boys should be studying in class VIII in a recognized school. Admission will be made strictly in order of merit only in classes VI and IX. In case the Entrance Examination cannot be conducted in any State/UT on account of administrative problem, a separate order will be issued to conduct another Entrance Examination on a date fixed by the Honorary Secretary.
Registraion Fee :
The Registration charge will be included in the selling price of the prospectus-sum-application forms at the following rates;-
(i) General and Defence Category Rs 400/-
(ii) SC/ST Rs 250/- -3-
- Medium of Examination for Class VI examinations will be English, Hindi. The question papers for Class VI will continue to be set in English and all the recognized official languages. But question papers for class IX will be set in English only and students are required to answer in English.
- In addition to 300 marks prescribed for Written Examination for Class VI and 400 marks for Class IX 50 marks for both VI & IX classes would be set apart for interview. The merit list for admission to the Sainik School would be complied on the basis of total marks. In case there is a tie with regard to overall marks, the marks for mathematics would be considered. In case there is a tie here also the marks for English for Class IX and Intelligence Test for class VI will be considered and thereafter the marks for General Science for Class IX and language for Class VI. In case there is a tie there also the boy younger in age will be selected. It will not be necessary for a boy to qualify separately in the interview and marks obtained in the writer test and interview together will determine his position in the final merit list.
(i) 15% of the total seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7 ½% seats for Scheduled Tribes.
ii) Out of the remaining, 67% of the seats will be reserved for boys from the State in which the Sainik Schools is located. Balance 33% left over of seats will be thrown open to boys from other States and Union Territories in the ration of their male population. Any unutilized seats in this category will be merged with home State seats. (iii) 25% seats are reserved for children of service personnel including Ex-servicemen.
General Instructions :
1. Candidate has to use only ORIGINAL application form. Photocopy or Form downloaded from internet will NOT be accepted.
2. Use Black/Blue pen only to write and darken the circles.
3. Fill all columns neatly in CAPITAL Letters only.
4. Incomplete / unsigned/ wrongly filled and without photograph forms shall be rejected without intimation.
5. There are four choices available under the Column “School Applied For”. Choice 1 indicates the School in which a candidate seeks admission. Other three choices are to be filled IF AND ONLY IF, a candidate is willing to be considered for admission in any other Sainik School where a vacancy may be available.
6. Paste one recent passport photograph firmly (DO NOT STAPLE OR PIN UP) in the space provided.
7. In first field fill clearly name of the candidate as mentioned in the birth certificate.
8. Give one box gap between First / Middle / Surname.
9. In second field mention your Date of Birth as mentioned in the birth certificate.
10. In third field mention code for State/UT of domicile. For State/UT code please refer to the table 1.
11. In fourth field mention class in which you wish to apply for(Class VI OR IX).
12. In fifth field mention the category in which you wish to apply for.
13. In sixth field mention the category (HOME STATE OR OTHER STATE) you wish to apply for.
14. In seventh field mention your working mobile number for further correspondence. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that this is a valid number on which SMS or Voice call can be received.
15. In eighth field mention your mailing address and also mention your e-mail address.
16. In ninth field affix one recent passport size photograph. DO NOT STAPLE THE SAME ON THE FORM.
17. In tenth field mention father’s name as mentioned in the certificate.
18. In eleventh field mention father’s Aadhaar number.
19. In twelfth field mention mother name as mentioned in the certificate.
20. In thirteenth field mention mother’s Aadhaar number.
21. In fourteenth field mention school code applied for – Choice 1, choice 2, choice 3, choice 4 (Ser 4 of these instructions also refers). For codes please refer to the table 1.
22. In fifteenth field mention exam center code – choice 1 and choice 2. For code please refer to the table 1. Please note that any of the proposed exam centres may be changed or cancelled if enough candidates are not available.
23. In seventeenth field mention medium for question paper. (Applicable only for class VI).
24. Declaration will be given by the parents/guardian.